Sunday, July 26, 2009

Papa's Home so Bring out the Cake

We got our papa back again this week, but before he arrived on Wednesday we started the week off with two visits to the doctor's office for Alexandra's fever.  The test results revealed a UTI so we reluctantly hit the milestone "baby's first round of antibiotics".  She's doing much better now & her fever is gone, which is a huge relief.    Here she is waiting for her exam...

Ariana comes to every doctor's appointment that Alexandra has - she is so fascinated with doctors that she actually likes going in for her shots.  She always takes her own doctor's kit and "fixes up" the ubiquitous lion.  She watches the pediatrician like a hawk and performs every step of the exam with her own instruments on her own patient.  It's so cute!

The camp theme at Ariana's school last week was "Superheroes".  Here she is in her Super A cape.  Also she came home with a mask and homemade gadget.  Not sure what it's supposed to do, but I'd be really impressed if it could clean the kitchen on its own.  That's what I call a Superpower.  

Super A giving Super Papa a welcome home smooch.

Here she is in her mortal disguise, wearing the pretty nightgown Honey made for her & ready for a chocolate chip pancake breakfast.

Super A has recently added swimming to her list of super powers.  We are very proud of her!

Alexandra at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens, discovering what a living lawn feels like.

Yesterday we celebrated my birthday again cause Mama knows how to milk it.  Ariana made the pancakes this time with some instruction from Papa.

Alexandra enjoying the shade.


Papa helped Ariana and Alexandra get a present for me.... This gorgeous bird bath.  Maybe one day I'll get a photo of the daddy cardinal on it.

Ariana carried the cake.  I'm glad her shoelaces were tied.

Playdoh photographs the whole family at the table.


I received yet another beautiful gift.  A very handsome man showed up to install it...

It's a water fountain from Frank.  It makes such a soothing noise & isn't it stunning?  I love it!  Honey and G gave me these adorable bumble bee lights for my birthday and they are in the gardenia bushes behind the fountain.  I'll have to try for a photo as dusk sometime.

Ariana dictated a note to Papa, which he wrote on my birthday card.  Enjoy... "Mama - I love you.  And thank you for making two nice daughters.  When Alexandra gets old, she will get so many spankings she won't even believe it.  We love Willie (Nelson).  We all have children in the whole world.  We were outside getting dirty making soup.  New dirt for us.  We all eat at the same time.  We are sorry for going in "time out" two times.  Love, Ariana & Alexandra"

Do I sound like a meanie or what?  But just to be clear, it was Ariana in "time out" 2 times, not Alexandra.  Ariana must be ready for Alexandra to get what she thinks is coming to her.  The kid has only had one spanking in the last 10 months, but clearly it was memorable.

This is my sometimes blue sometimes purple hardy geranium, Rozanne.

Here are some of the succulents again, thinking they've died and gone to heaven with all of this sunshine.


Thanks to my wonderful family for a very special birthday, especially Frank who made it all happen.  Ariana just left the house for a week in Mississippi with Honey and G.  She was so excited, not the least bit hesitant.  Dropped me like a dead fish.  I'll miss her though.  It will be way too quiet around here without my little sunshine!

4 comments:

  1. We can't wait to get Super "A"

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. great pictures and we (honey and G) are having a grand time with ariana. rode in the golf cart today and saw a little fawn playing on the course. Super A was impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happened upon your blog from Anna's. Welcome to blog world. I'm glad I will get to keep up with your fun life. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete