Friday, July 10, 2009

Happy Summer and Happy Birthday

First and most importantly - welcome to the world baby Reed Chase Henson.  He is Chase & Laura's 3rd boy, born yesterday 07.09.09 - he looks just like me, doesn't he?  I can't wait to meet him - he was actually supposed to stay put until I made it to Tupelo for his birth, but he just decided it was getting too cramped in there.  I'm so glad they finally named one of their babies "Chase" - isn't it a great name?  Congratulations to Laura, Chase, William and Wes!

Here is a photo of my garden at the end of June before the daylillies turned to dust.  Makes me think of the sermon on the mount.  The snails also turned my coral bells into swiss cheese, but that only makes me want to take an eye for an eye.

Things to do with your summer....

(1) Drink from the garden hose

(2) Play in the grass

(3) Make your own bandana at "wild west" summer camp (just in case we get an Atlanta dust storm).  If you look closely, you'll see the rainbow flag hanging on the Virginia Highlands Baptist Church.  I bet you Mississippi people don't have one of those.  Another one of those things I love about Atlanta.


(4) Join the rodeo.  Later we took turns riding around on the horse she made at camp.
  

(5) Learn a new skill

(6) Paint with watercolors

(7) Necked puzzle working.  (Really, I do dress her, I just can't resist getting the camera out when she's not)

(8) Play with a bowl of cooked spaghetti.  Seriously... if you ever need to entertain a baby for hours this is your ticket... you should see the video of this.

Happy Summer!

2 comments:

  1. Spaghetti idea is great - bet Laura tries that in the weeks to come!
    Can't wait to see everyone again (changing too fast).
    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. i bet there are some pre-school teachers who have never thought of the spegetti thing. your yard looks great. honey

    ReplyDelete