Thursday, July 2, 2009

But I'm Just Not the Blogging Type...

Tonight we realized at dinner time that we were all out of wine.  Sometimes you just don't notice the important things in life until it's too late.

Here are some pictures from last Saturday.  Alexandra has her first cold and is dealing like a champ, even though she did feel really badly that day.  Here she is swiping her breakfast spoon from Ariana who desperately wanted to feed her.  Notice Trixie in the background stalking the birds (and squirrels) who are visiting my new Mother's Day bird feeder.  The birds drop seeds all over the ground and the squirrels serve as the cleanup crew.  One day I'll post a picture of our resident hawk.



Papa spent the morning working on his retaining wall project near the little people's "playground".  Ariana is startled.


Are you?
Actually I asked him for his most macho man pose since he was hauling and shoveling cement after all.  He is truly the human swiss army knife.


Frank took us to Atlanta Water Gardens because I asked for a water fountain for my birthday.  We love this place.  There are so many fun things.  Wind Chimes, Fish, Fountains, Donuts... 



Alexandra loved the fountains.


OK, I couldn't resist.  I don't know how long she had her dress tucked in to her bloomers.  I just noticed when I was behind her in the parking lot.


The giant Koi are beautiful, although I always think they look like they want to eat you.


Here is a picture from my garden - this is my favorite flower right now.  It's my Jackmanii Clematis.  I just planted him in the spring & I check on him at least four times daily.  Somehow I have become a garden freak (though you can't tell it by my dead lawn).  Who would have bet on that?


I saw a hummingbird today.  First one I've ever seen in the garden.  We do have so many animals - woodpeckers, chipmunks, purple finches, nuthatches, red-tailed hawks, blue jays, cardinals, and some stray black cat.  It's like Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, but we live in midtown Atlanta.

3 comments:

  1. Yea! We are so excited to be able to watch Ari and Alexandra and all the fun things y'all do! Thanks for doing one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're only a year or two behind!! glad you broke down and did it so we can keep up with y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, i am so excited!!! your are blogging. it will be so much fun to keep up with y'all. welcome to the blogging world. dk

    ReplyDelete