Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independence from England

Hmmm....  Let me think about that for a moment.

Two years ago I was strolling Ariana around London for a unremarkable 4th of July.  Funny, they do nothing to celebrate it over there.  What I remember most was that I was wearing jeans, boots and a leather jacket.  She was wearing a polar fleece coat.  I repeat...  Po-lar Fleece.  I told her that would never happen again.  

So today I was thankful for America and for the endless supply of sunshine and warmth we've been having.  It may well be extreme, but I can gladly take it.


This morning we strolled up to Peachtree Street for the famous road race, danced to Michael Jackson, ate Tiramisu for breakfast, and cheered for the runners.  




In the afternoon we chilled out in the sunshine.  Ariana played in the garden hose & Alexandra tried her best to eat the grass, which we have totally given up on for the season btw.



In addition to the remains of our lawn, Alexandra also had her first go at Mac-N-Cheese for dinner.  I guess she just slurped it down, since she only has two teeth, but she had no trouble and loved every bite.  Who wouldn't?

And finally.... is there anything in the world better than a necked baby?


I'm watching fireworks out the window while I type this.  Happy 4th of July!  I do love America.

2 comments:

  1. I love America too and this blog

    G

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great spot to see babies. i am so glad that you are doing this. and - we are so glad that you are back in America. honey

    ReplyDelete